 Robotics / 8027
8026  |  8028
Subject:
Lego Rodney**************
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:43:58 GMT

Hi,
I have had the pleasure of speaking to Fred Martin at the MIT robot lab, I
sdaw the crickets first hand doing some interesting things but I doubt they
will work there way into a mindstorms kit. SORRY! But I own the Mindstorms
kit and Its cool in its own right,
I am working on a creature which when powered on for the first time doesnt
even know how to move it needs to learn that then how to navgtate etc... even
sense low voltage and find its charger . when it hits an obstacle , it starts
picking random motion codes until one works to clear the stall condition it
then remembers that response and it uses its first thought to generalize new
workable responses to other contact situations.
If anyone is interested W/B.
-Mike