  *67493 (-20)
  Re: RCX with AC power - Still Available

James C. Jones <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:v01540b02b43b87...121.26]... (...) Yea, but they want something like $150 compared to $200 for a RCX and a whole lot of parts with the RIS. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Diana's train auction, update 8

Welcome to Diana's train auction. Updates are emailed to all bidders and anybody requesting to be on the mailing list. set condition varies. n = new in box. b = used with box and instructions. u = used with instructions but without the box. s = see (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) Well, except Star Wars -- but kids probably wanted that too. Do you mean things which adults wanted but which kids didn't necessarily want? Yeah, hmmm, I can't think of any wishes-come-true either -- certainly not in Castle or Town, to say the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

I won't use MegaBlocks. But if some HOBBYIST produces parts I want, and does it in a way that is non infringing of TLG intellectual property, just tell me where to send my money. I'd rather buy them from TLG. But... (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: something nelug could do

(...) Yeah, I'm tempted to agree. If we want to set up a meeting, we should have a specific purpose to the meeting other than just to say "hey, we're here!" Perhaps if we want to set up a grandiose-type event and want their input, we could get a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Star Wars Legos (aka The cure for the Dark Ages)

Ok, I am new to Lugnet and have a few questions as far as general topics. Can anyone suggest where I can go to post them? I am back into the childhood bliss of Lego after about a 10 year absence, thanks to the new Star Wars sets this spring, but (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  1592 Town Square

Just wondering - How many 'castle' people consider the 1592 Town Square set part of the castle theme. Don't get me wrong the knights are very cool, but I've always had trouble considering this to be a castle set. The British flag, the fish and chips (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NELUG - Some things we learned while presenting at Mindfest

Good advice. One of the kids, when asked about why he persisted in touching stuff when I had asked him not to replied: "Well, my dad is very important around here so it's OK" Presumably he was some professor of education... you connect the dots. :-) (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.general)

  RCX Mower (was RCX with AC power - Still Available)

You wouldn't necessarily have to map the lawn. Just let it go around randomly. A purely random algorithm would have a tendency to miss corners, though. You could do something random, but add a bias of some kind to help it get the corners of your (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) Or those of us not in the US who bid on anything. I just recently got a lot off eBay that from 'cheque sent' to 'lot received' took over 2 months, shipped air-mail. The turn-around time at the sellers end was 2 days. I frequently get huge (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Lego 6377 Delivery Center

Delivery Center from 1985. Includes instructions but no box. This is not a complete set. Set contains 275 of 283 pieces. Here is a list of the missing pieces: 1 Blue 6x12 plate 2 clear window panes for 1x4x3 windows 1 grey 2x2 plate with turntable (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  FA(eBay) ending tonight: Rock Raiders HQ 32x48 baseplate, tall windows, 6x8 ramps, cranes, flags

Rock Raiders HQ raised baseplate from 4990 (URL) parts - enough for 2 cranes (URL) large red windows 1x4x6 (URL) red 6x8x1 roof/ramps (URL) flags, 58 flagpoles (URL) Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com Web page: (URL) auctions: (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Mindfest Vidcaps

I grabbed a bunch of images from the 2 hours of video I shot at Mindfest. Friday and Saturday are online now, Sunday tomorrow. Because my capture card is lame they are only 320x240 but the quality is better than I expected. Lot's of funny shots. I (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: New S@H catalog is a disappointment (to me)

(...) Does the US holiday catalogue still have service packs listed? I just got my Canadian one a few weeks ago, and it had the usual multi-page spread of service packs. Just curious... James (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  What do you do with your lego?

So, what exactly do you do with your lego? hord it? Buy and sell it? Play with it? Actually create things with it?!?! Looking through your web sites (the various ones in delurking form) there was a surprising lack of original creations posted And (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) Those of us who bid on AucZILLA;-) <runs> -John (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Ideas for a court jester?

(...) 6891 Gamma V Laser Craft is where I got one of mine, but I believe I have two others. Dunno where from tho. Jeff (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New S@H catalog is a disappointment (to me)

I'd have to agree...the only new thing I noticed wa the Legoland computer game. Blech! I'd rather play Roller Coaster Tycoon or Theme Park! I also noticed that there was no movement (again) on the "Limited Quantity" and "Hard to Find" sets. Will (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Launch of new site: SimiLego

(...) <Snipped Scott Arthur's comments and Followed-up to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan> Tom, Yes, my ISP is in Chicago (seemed to be a good value at the time), but I live in Kansas City. Great to hear from another greater-KC-area LEGO fan. We might try to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Lego Creator soft ware

Jeffrey Baldwin: (...) Some problems with using LEGO Creator for your job (iirc): - No train wheels - No printing of instructions Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.games)

Skipped 5 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact