  *379243 (-20)
  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Hi, thanks for the input. And here's a glimse into that progression you asked for: www.classic-space.co...CSmen1.jpg Chris <>< (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) Well, I'll start 8?) Step 6 - thats radius Step 7 - should be sin T = L / R ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) OK. Here's my rather convoluted analysis: 1. Find the plane of pulley A 2. Find the plane of pulley B 3. If they dont intersect, no tangent so stop here 4. Find the angle between them, call it T 5. Find the normal to plane A that passes (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch

(...) Take a look at (URL). I controlled it with something similar to Robert Munafo's design (URL). Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A few new bots... and a bit more

(...) lol... Jk (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  My modular castle creations

This is an Idea I’m certain we’ve all thought of, but I figured that I would try to put my ideas into words and pictures. It’s a Castle theme that I’ve developed in my spare time. (URL) main purpose of these designs was to try to put together a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Microfig Attack Carrier

(...) hmmm... actually, one of the things that I like about your past ships is that you never really seemed to be trying to out-do anything, just make solid creative designs. What I mean is that most of the joy was in their poetic use of geometry (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Prototype Destroyer

Thanks for the praise, everyone. A few thoughts I neglected to mention earlier. I had a plan to take a picture of the inferno with the rest of my Space Police sets (One Mission Commander, 3 SP Strikers, and 3 GPK) but I ran out of time. When I get (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) These are getting better every time... this looks more like "realistic classic space" to me than "pre-classic space", which is a good thing IMHO. The cockpit windows on this one are killer. The engine clusters look very functional. I could (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 3033 on the shelf again?

(...) Hmmmm interesting. There's a query about this here (URL) and my inventory (in the reply)matches the peeron inventory. There's a dearth of 3033s available in Aus right now, has anyone in aus seen one with different brick counts? ROSCO (added (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego: DiAxis

(...) Paul, I dig the fact that it has some unusual features and building techniques... I dig more their inherency to the model. Rotating cockpits are a fun feature to play with. It would be interesting to see a building concept like that become a (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego Fest

Include me in. The back of my car is cavernous once I've taken the seats out, so much stuff will be in evidence. If I get any time to build anything, that is. :-) Tony "Duncan titmarsh" <sharon.titmarsh@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Prototype Destroyer

(...) Actually, you weren't too far off, it comes in at 248 studs in length, a little over 255 if you count the cannons at the very tip of the bow. -Steve (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: AT-FT - All Terrain Field Transport

Thanks Lenny....with an endorsement like that I'll consider it a success! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: AT-FT - All Terrain Field Transport

Thankye! I had originally set out make this a large artillery piece with the platform encasing a large weapon of some sort with a slight offset to the other side. This would have balanced it a litle better, but it was not to be :) Not being a mecha (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Robbie - the latest in mining technology

Announcing the latest technology in autonomous mining - Robbie. The concept is based off of Johnny 5 from "Short Circuit" in the mid '80's and the Spy-Bot set, also from the mid '80's. (URL) features articulated shoulders, elbows and wrists for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: AT-FT - All Terrain Field Transport

You got it.... a bulldog was invovled in the inspiration! The troop platform of the Normandy landers does have an influence here as well. I played with a deployable ramp, but it didn't work with the shape of it and the working of the legs. The (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Thanks dude (for everything but the cursin') Those ball sockets (the 12 year old boy in my is giggling) are really swift. They look like the bell on some Apollo era thruster or something. They were fun to use, and made connecting them fun (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pre - Classic Space rears it's ugly head again

(...) Thanks so much! The windows are fun to work with, but difficult to attach and make sturdy. This one crumbled many times and I was crawlin' around on the floor pickin' up the pieces. Now it's very solid. It attaches with a pin on the front. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: AT-FT - All Terrain Field Transport

Thanks Andrew...I was hoping to get the SW feel to it. Wish I had the skills/hardware to render a version for a dioramma. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

Skipped 2 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact