  *378441 (-20)
  Re: instruction approaches

(...) My style is to do most of the building (and therefore most of the steps) in sub-models and then merge the sub-assemblies into the final assembly in a few steps in the top level file. I use as many levels of sub-models as is necessary. I never (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Steve Hassenplug on TechTV!!! (In a LUGnet T-shirt...)

I rushed home for this one tonight......... Just wanted to congratulate Steve on his appearance this evening on TechTV's "The Screen Savers".... It's soooooo cool to see one of the gang on TV!!! Host Leo Laporte conducted a great interview with (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics) !

  Nose doors?

Hey all, I've noticed a detail on EMD Fs, Alco FA/PAs, etc (called Cab units, right?), that never seems to get modeled. The door on the nose of the engine. I know K-Line recently made an E7 with a working door in O-gauge, which is actually where I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

<snip> (...) Thanks Steven. Comments like this are highly motivating. When I started writing LPub, I'd only just heard of L3P, although I new of POV-Ray from way back. It has been quite a learning experience. (...) I learned a lot about L3P writing (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) Oh yeah... the quality of instructions, plus all the new colors, makes it difficult to build stuff sometimes. Back when there was only black, white, and grey, I had no problems telling the 3 apart. Now that they've added dark grey, I find (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

(...) Maybe we can look forward to it in the next version. (...) LPub is just an amazing tool. I was not a fan of POV-Ray and the LP3 conversion tool to create documents. However, using LPub has encouraged me to begin creating many more (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minipod

Hey Tim looks good. That color scheme rocks, and I like the use of binocs all over. Good stuff! ooo and cool 2 x 2 round brick inside, nice work! see ya -Geordan- (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue

<snipped> (...) Mike, I think posted is good. Thanks, Kevin (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) OK the installer is slightly less sucky, because now it puts the parts in the LDRAW\Parts directory. Kevin (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: >>15.2 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES...PLUS $2,000 IN FREE EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE!

(...) Noooooo!!!! I love the email interface - I *deeply* hate web-based message boards and news-based systems. (...) It's easy to filter those out...but it's worth saying to everyone that it's EXTREMELY RUDE to leave autoresponders that can (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Two new creations, MP-2 Visage II and the Long Range Mecha Transport Vehicle (LRMTV)

Hey all I present the successor to the Visage, the Visage II! Please pardon the almost 2 week delay between my promise of pictures, and the follow through, I must admit though the model is much improved since two weeks ago though.=^) The main (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Help! Need part badly!  [DAT]

Here's an updated version with a better torus. The end result is very similar to what Orion did, though I did it slightly more manually than using the belt tool. Also like Orion, I cut out the mess of comments. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (...) 0 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8ux0K.2q4@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) more (...) Nope! You have a user base that is never satisfied! (...) it, (...) there (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have a couple of ideas that I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) Those are trivial to get, at least in California. I have one. (...) There are probably a lot of other strict restrictions on ordering. For one thing I know that hobby shops can't carry just the trains line, or they would order it from Marz. So (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  [PRESS RELEASE] BRICKSWEST™ 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT TO REGISTER!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact Matthew Gerber BrickMedia, LLC Post Office Box 1292 Santa Maria, California 93456-1292 (805) 347-8460 telephone (805) 349-8872 facsimile matthew@brickmedia.com (URL) 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - NEW EVENTS ADDED - JUST (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  instruction approaches

An interesting philosophical question about instruction approaches... Does anyone have any thoughts on or examples of instructions that are organized in a hierarchy as opposed to linearly? Where an instruction hierarchy would start with the building (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  inventory restocked : TRAIN STUFF on sale!!

Check out my restocked inventory! Many parts from 4534 TRAIN, rare train minifigs, engines, speed regulators, track, blue windows, brown plates, much, much more. Tons of plates, bricks, slopes, tiles, panels, transparent parts, Ewoks. PARTS 50% off; (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Anyone out there in North Dakota / northern Minnesota?

I'm in ND, I live in Fargo. I thought I was the only one in ND that likes Lego. Good to hear from you! Evan R. Brickton.net (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nd.far)

  Re: O', K!

well, on taking a second look i have a request. show us some construction pics of the central joints that hold the engines, engine shafts, and wings together. i really like the angles on this one but how did you make them? more pics, plz :-D -paul (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

I totally agree with all these comments. This especially rears it's head when doing passenger coaches where I've use the same sub model 36 times in s set of 4 coaches! Which brings up an interesting philosophical question about instruction (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact