 CAD / 9268
9267  |  9269
Subject:
instruction approaches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:46:14 GMT

An interesting philosophical question about instruction approaches...

Does anyone have any thoughts on or examples of instructions that are
organized in a hierarchy as opposed to linearly? Where an instruction
hierarchy would start with the building of a certain number of sub models,
in some cases multiple copies of each, and then a final assembly. A model
could easily have more then just two levels as well. As opposed to the
"normal" from the ground-up approach.

I find that the sub models of things like train trucks are very natural to
conceive. When I took this approach to its logical conclusion and applied it
so that where models are repetitive they are broken down in to component sub
models, the instruction flow gets funky and forces a different approach.

An example is:
where each panel, including the coach ends, is a sub model in the .mpd file.

SteveB