 CAD / 9267
Re: Silver and Gold Metalic Colors in POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:34:13 GMT

AHui,
My Color Roots page has this conversion along with several other LDraw
conversions:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorRoots.html
I got the numbers from a variety of sources including my copy of MLCad, the
LDraw.org site & previous posts on Lugnet. If anyone has any more
information, I'll gladly add it to my site.

On a similar note, I've been asked several times to add RGB and PAL numbers
to that page. The problem is I don't know what could be called official.
I've seen several color sites list RGB values, but none of them agree. PAL
seems to be a paid service, I can't find free PAL conversions anywhere. I
don't use LDraw extensively, but I am open to adding any info that would
help LDraw users.

The Roots page is one part of the 3 color pages on my Visual Helper site.
There is also a Color Tree page showing the relationship between colors:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorTree.html
And a Color Tree Translator that translates the color names used into 7
different languages:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorTranslator.html

Hope that helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Looking for a minifig, head, or torso? Try my helper:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/VisualMiniHelper.html

Arborist, Lego Color Tree
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorTree.html

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
Silver Crome is color 383
Gold Crome is color 334
Just whip up a DAT file of your object and color it one of the above colors.

Is this information somewhere on the web?  Thanks
-AHui