 Year / 2005 / 50
Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:17:17 GMT

In lugnet.year.2005, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
And, I saw the long awaited LEGO StarWars game, it's now almost done and will
come out around Ep 3 timeframe, as it has Ep 3 stuff in it (which I didn't see
and couldn't talk about even if I had). Very cool game, it has FPS, platformer
(collect hearts to boost your health type things), 2d (ala Zaxxon) ship combat,
and path driven in flight ship combat among other things, depending on what
level you are on.... they had it on the PS2 but I expect it will be on mutiple
platforms (if it's not on Game Cube, Nik will be quite annoyed, I am sure, he's
the sweet spot for this game and it should be a hit, alhtough probably would
have been a bigger hit a year ago)

It's for PC, PS2, XBox, and GBA - not the 'cube. Which is what I have, so my
boys are likewise miffed. The screenshots and demo movies so far look awesome.

The new Designer Sub set... TOTALLY ROCKS! It's going to have some sort of FLL
tie in too, according to the media kit I got.

Excellent! I saw pix of that a few days ago, I'm so gonna get that one. I'm
interested to see what the FLL tie-in is, even though I'm not yet actively
involved with FLL.

Thanks for the great pix, Larry. They rock. Good luck on the round-the-world
trip!

- Kelly