 Year / 2005 / 47
Subject:
Pics from ToyFair 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:51:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Lego StarWars 2005 V.I.P. Gala event
at the LEGO showroom at 25th and Broadway, in NYC, as part of this year's Toy
Fair, so naturally I went...

I uploaded a bunch of pics to BrickLink. They haven't been resized yet and may
have some miscategorization so I wouldn't rely on this folder name working
forever, I'll fix them up (probably) when I get time and at that time I will
delete the "raw" folder. So if youi come on this a year later and can't find
them, walk the tree up and nose around, or start here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lar

Random comments: Mostly sorted by theme. There is a big new theme coming, Dino
Attack. The Technic Brick (with studs on top) is NOT dead. It's just not used in
TECHNIC much! Note also the fact that no one can spell my name right, as seen in
the 03-swag subfolder. I was too excited to even notice at the time. There's a
death star coming. They had the design manager of the current Star Wars line
there. he thinks (but is not sure) that it has more pieces than the ISD.

LEGO is going to do an ISD build contest at Celebration III and is soliciting
teams of the media to compete. I asked if they were going to exclude AFOLs
because we would so obviously dominate the media since we have smoked the record
down a lot several times, and the answer was 'bring it', so a "LUGNET" (that's
the badge I was there under) team could be entered if so desired.

Here's the folder. Sorry no deeplinks but I think Kevin has moderated most of
the subfolders already.

If you want to ask me specific questions please feel free, I'll answer as best I
can. Note that there were a lot of other fans there and other sites no doubt
will also be posting pictures, most surely better than mine because I wasn't
using a tripod.

You are hereby warned, bandwidthwise... These images are massive, dialup users
should avoid. They haven't been rotated, cropped, resized, cleaned up, or
anything else either.... but I need to get a good nights sleep for tomorrow I
fly back to DTW, then DTW-MSP-AMS-SIN, putting me in SIN on Tuesday afternoon,
so it was these or nothing.

FUT set to year.2005 because that's where generic new discussion about 2005
stuff belongs...  Enjoy.

++Lar

Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005