 Trains / Train Organizations / WAMALTC / 26
Re: New Train Cars and Locos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Very nice models, Tom.  Since you are obviously a train dude and interested in
the
details of model trains, I would suggest that you try modeling 8 wide.  Not
much
extra work, but the results *look* a lot better proportion wise, if a
prototypical
look is what you're after.  Also, I'd loose the buffers, which aren't proto to
US
stock and locos at all.  I use the 2x3 rounded plate with hole to hold the
magnet:
http://lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/3176.gif

When I see LTD (LEGO Train Dudes) who are doing cool stuff, I try to bring'em
into
the 8wide fold:-)

-John

Tom, your new creations are cool.  I like the waffle pattern.

I think I can imagine how the wheels slide on your 44 ton loco.  That's a nice
solution, and I look forward to seeing details of it.

Regarding 8-wide...  noooooooo.  Into the deep you will fall.... ;-) ;-) ;-)
Yes, try it, if you can stand it.  It's LEGO- you can always take an 8-wide
apart and continue with 6-wide.  "I've been hypnotized into 8-wide...." ;-)

later,
James Mathis

Tom Cook wrote:

I have made some more additions to www.lgauge.com .  I added:

1) Bulkhead Flat Car with 'Lumber Load':

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Bulkhead/bulkhead.
h • tm
The lumber needs some work!  Anyone have any ideas?

2) Gondola:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Gondola/gondola.ht

3) Waffle Side Box Car:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Waffle/waffle.htm

Also, previously seen at the recent wamaLTC meeting:
4) 44 Tonner (switcher):

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/44tonner/44tonner.
tm

5) MP15 (multipurpose loco):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/MP15/MP15.htm

6) SD45 (six axle loco)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/SD45/SD45.htm

7) Slug (traction motors only; no prime mover)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Slug/Slug.htm