 Trains / 8811
8810  |  8812
Subject:
LEGO Desert Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:53:56 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi folks,

X-MAs is just waiting outside - a good time to see what'S going on in the
desert: Over the last weeks I build a model of "Namibia's unique railway
experience" - THE DESERT EXPRESS.

A black and white picture was shown in my local newspaper and I thought: "Taht
might be a great project for LEGO!" After very nice e-mail contact with the
Desert Express Management I finally recieved some colored pictures by Michael
Obert. The blue was LEGO blue, the yellow seems to be LEGO yellow and the white
is LEGO white - so were is the problem?

I decided to build it 8-wide! (So what you think John?) Make up your own mind
by comparing the real pictures and my model at:

The real Desert Express has 8 passenger cars and 1 luggage car and operates
from Windhoek to Swakopmund in Namibia / Africa. It's a luxuary train for
tourists and it stops in the evening to see the sun set in the desert.

The LEGO DX just have 3 cars (each 46 studs long) and a huge engine! The
luggage car door's where build by an idea from James Mathis - Many Thanks on
this way to James!!!

So what do YOU think?? Anything else you want to now???

Kind regards and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Holger ...from Germany