 Trains / 8810
Re: Track Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:43:18 GMT

Rick C. wrote:
Can't do it with prototypes either, I think. Not legally, anyway,... ;-)

(about doing flying passes)-yes, you can, but usually you run out of room to do
it rather than anything else.  You can also do what is called a "sawbuck",
which is when you have one train longer than the siding take the siding to pass
the other train- weird to see, but easy enough to do.  Meccano mag used to have
little switching puzzles like that.  It's like poleing, which is NOT illegal,
in spite of what some people think-it's just frowned on.

James