 Trains / 8777
Re: Track Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:26:45 GMT

"Michael Pratt" <mpratt@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
news:memo.20001214175927.44447A@mpratt.compulink.co.uk...
When you create a siding using two switches does the track
not in use become isolated ? this does not work for 12v but I think it
does for 9v because the direction of the switch determines which line
carries the current.
What I want is to have two trains on one track with an isolated part of
the line.
Am I talking rubbish ?

Michael Pratt

Do you mean having a passing line
like this crude diagram, where there are two switches to allow a length of
parallel track?
If so, you must remember to switch both switches to isolate one of the lines
though if the parallel line is long enough to allow both trains to pass each
other in motion, and you wanted to sit and actually play with it, a quick
bit of switching would allow both trains to continue in motion as they pass
by switching the switches one at a time.

regards
lawrence