 Trains / 7879
Subject:
2 Stud Wide LEGO® Train Cars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:34:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A while back I had some fun building some 4 wide train cars which were
amazingly similar to HO scale in model railroading.  Well, my daughter
and son (12 & 10) thought it would be fun to build some *2* wide train
cars, and so that is what they did.  I bought them an N scale boxcar to
look at, and they were off to the races.  Here are some pics of their
work, along with a few of the N scale boxcar itself.  Of course I am
very proud of them (my kids and their MOCs:-)

Check the pics out here:

-John

Re: 2 Stud Wide LEGO® Train Cars!
They're great! I grew up in a house full of N-scale trains and Lego, but
never tried this. More after next weekend?

Duq

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
[...]

These are AMAZINGLY cute. Bravo. Great stuff within the size limitations
imposed and some very clever uses of bricks in non conventional ways. I
especially enjoy the use of the 1x1 rounds for wheels.

If there is anyone who has any doubt about who is the master of building
at "any" scale, these should remove it.

You've GOT to figure out how to turn these into a park ride or some sort of
load on a flatbed truck or something so they can be seen on the new and
improved GMLTC layout.

Very nice work, Neal family.

++Lar

Re: 2 Stud Wide LEGO® Train Cars!
A while back I had some fun building some 4 wide train cars which were
amazingly similar to HO scale in model railroading.  Well, my daughter
and son (12 & 10) thought it would be fun to build some *2* wide train
cars, and so that is what they did.  I bought them an N scale boxcar to
look at, and they were off to the races.  Here are some pics of their
work, along with a few of the N scale boxcar itself.  Of course I am
very proud of them (my kids and their MOCs:-)

Check the pics out here:

-John

Now those are actually pretty darn cool. I like the locos. Well done!
K.

Re: 2 Stud Wide LEGO® Train Cars!
I forgot to ask, what are you using for a background/backdrop? It seems to be
pretty effective.

++Lar

RE: 2 Stud Wide LEGO® Train Cars!
A while back I had some fun building some 4 wide train cars which were
amazingly similar to HO scale in model railroading.  Well, my daughter
and son (12 & 10) thought it would be fun to build some *2* wide train
cars, and so that is what they did.  I bought them an N scale boxcar to
look at, and they were off to the races.  Here are some pics of their
work, along with a few of the N scale boxcar itself.  Of course I am
very proud of them (my kids and their MOCs:-)

Check the pics out here:

John, these are REALLY cute. I rarely use that word, but these are just
so cool.

One of the reasons I never really got into LEGO trains was the amount of
floor space required. Even an HO scale yard is a bit much. I never even
thought of doing N scale.

BTW, if you still have the HO scale trains, try the 4 wide transports
on my site at:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/bigrig/index.html>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng