 Trains / 5922
Re: New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 21:56:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I having been working on and off on my 8 wide Hiawatha loco since last
winter and have finally finished it:-)

And what a engine it is!

I have also redesigned my 8 wide passenger cars for it, basically
eliminating the 1x4x3 train windows and replacing them with 1x2x2 thin
walls.  The scale works out much better with the thin walls.  In fact, I
will no longer use train windows in my trains (wides), but that is
another story.  I have only finished two of the cars; the other 4 are in
various stages of completion.

Hope you enjoy them!

Yep, even if it is 8 wide :)

John, a really nice job of making this loco.  What are you using as the driver
wheels though?  It looks right nice as far as a loco goes, even if it is bigger
than my creations (such as the 200 HP sentinel...I have to do up the web page
some more...)

James