 Trains / 5921
5920  |  5922
Subject:
New Pics of my Hiawatha Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 21:44:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I having been working on and off on my 8 wide Hiawatha loco since last
winter and have finally finished it:-)

It is an Atlantic 4-4-2, the original engine to have pulled Milwaukee
Road's famed Hiawatha train which ran between Minneapolis, Minnesota and
Chicago, Illinois.  Only 4 were ever built, numbers 1,2,3, and 4.  A pic
of number 3 is here:

I have also redesigned my 8 wide passenger cars for it, basically
eliminating the 1x4x3 train windows and replacing them with 1x2x2 thin
walls.  The scale works out much better with the thin walls.  In fact, I
will no longer use train windows in my trains (wides), but that is
another story.  I have only finished two of the cars; the other 4 are in
various stages of completion.

Hope you enjoy them!

-John