 Trains / 5904
Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 22:14:35 GMT

Hello, Ludo!

Thanks VERY much for pioneering this operation for me.

I have now fully repaired my 12v motorized track switch box.  :-) Very happy it
now works.

I went home during lunch and soldered the thin coil wire back onto the inside
plug terminal.

I do not think I will re-glue the box together.  The glue evenutually separated
for me.  I was then able to fairly easily just lift the top box off of the
base.  Now, the reassembled box top just fits tightly over the base plate like
it used to...only no glue...in case my soldering is poor.

Thank you, Ludo and Ben, for helping with this.  Knowing how the glued flanges
of plastic inside the box fit together helped a lot to know how best to open
it.

I forgot to mention that to release the glue hold and open the box, I also used
a small right angle tool to go inside the box via the hole openings in the
baseplate.  I then would periodically try to pull the two sections apart.

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete writes:
Hi Folks!

It was originally glued on four sides.
After opening, i glued it back together with special ABS glue.
I found this in a shop where they sell models (airplane, cars,..)

Pictures says, in this case, more than words, isn't it?

regards,
Ludo