 Trains / 5881
5880  |  5882
Subject:
Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 04:29:43 GMT

Hi,

I need some help.

I have a 12volt points/switch motor box that doesn't work quite right.

Most of the time the motor doesn't give any audible or visual indication of the
solenoid even trying to throw the switch.

Sometimes, if I push the switch to power the points motor, hold the switch
down, then tap or shake the points motor box, then the points motor will throw
the solenoid (or whatever it is inside that gray box that moves).

Since the gray points motor box doesn't really work to switch the points, I
figure I may as well try to open up the gray points motor box.

Any ideas or experience opening up the gray points motor box?  Maybe it's just
some loose wires?

Thanks for any suggestions!

By the way, I do have and operate correctly four other 12volt points motor
boxes; so, I'm pretty sure this one box is defective.

later,
James