 Trains / 30800
Re: PF train motor / train speed and pulling power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ildefonso Junior Zanette wrote:
   Hi Ben,

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   I have used an old 9V battery box...

How did you use the old 9V battery box together with the PF motor and IR receiver? Did you create a modified 9V->PF cable? I couldn’t find a way to use the old battery boxes with PF using the normal 8886 PF Extension Cable.

Hi Ildefonso,

yes I had to do some modification work on my IR-receiver.

I used a 9V plug from a adapter cable 9V-to-PF (you can open these without destroying anything).

(pictures from: http://www.philohome.com/pf/pf.htm)

Then I removed the plug from the receiver and made a shortcut between cables “9V” + “C2” and “c1” + “0V”

I fixed the 9V plug from the adapter cable to the receiver. I used the receivers old plug to use the adapter cable in future as a extension cable.

Please be careful! The nine volt battery box may NOT be used in both directions. You would put 9V on the 0V cable annd vice versa => this can detroy the PF equipment.

You may only press the left button of your battery box (if you hold it in front of you and have the plug connection away from your body). You may just test this for a second: the stuff seems to be quite robust against reversed currancy.... (good luck!)

Ben