 Trains / 30044
Re: Scratch building a motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 05:48:15 GMT

Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
I am curious to know if anyone has attempted to use the technic motors
and gears to build their own train motor.

I did one too, to show at a BeLUG event last november, but never got around to
do decent pictures or post them here. The train isn't as nice as Swoofty's, but
the principle for driving the wheels appears to be the same:

<<http://www.meltingbricks.net/pictures/galleries/power_function_7740/slides/IMG_3597.JPG>>

Which is pretty straightforward. Doing a nice train around it is, to me, more
difficult, so I just redid it the 7740 way, which is my idea of a train.

That is exactly what I was/am looking at.  Using the current line of PF
modules to power a train.