 Trains / 28721
Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, Jason J Railton wrote:

   may I suggest using bigger bricks just next to the headlight bricks, and interlock them inside the building? You won’t win any interior design awards, but it will keep you sturdy.

Oh, yeah, you’ve done the same thing. I like it. It’s a great effect.

Now, I have interlocked the brown with my tan to keep the front face sturdy, but I don’t see how you can make the headlight bricks any sturdier-- what more can they bind to other than themselves?

You could put a technic 1x1 brick with pin behind the headlight bricks to add some security. Not behind each one but maybe every other one or two (or five)?

I did that on this firehouse from 4 or 5 years ago. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=161217

I didn’t go as high with the stacks of headlight bricks so it really wasn’t an issue. And, I can laugh at it now, when my apartment was broken into then they didn’t take any headlight bricks or tiles.

Jonathan