 Trains / 26756
Re: Modular Hill Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:52:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:

   doesn’t the train in the concave tunnel (left side of picture) hit the wall of the convex tunnel (right side of picture) ?

Just wondering how it all works in there!

-Alfred

Yes, you are right. If we keep the black wall there, it would hit. Luckily, we can take enough of a cormer out the black wall to make it work, but indeed the two examples would conflict. In my second outer cruve, I have a block in the corner that is removable, ~10 x 10 bricks in a triangular shape. It work OK then. We are just starting with this, but with the ease at which you can build there, we’re getting more modules quickly, and at one point may use them in the back-to-back configuration. At the next show, we will mainly use them on top of the tables, around the inner parameter.

Paul