 Trains / 26754
Re: Modular Hill Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:

   how thick are you tables? We use mudular tables that can be adusted in hieght and stacked apone each other to acheive some vertical change. But our tables are 6 brick thick. To allow a train to run under a stacked table we have to set it at +20 bricks higher then surrounding tables to allow a 14 brick clearance below. I consider this a bit tall for many situations.

I like what you’ve done, but it looks like any stacked structure adjacent to a hill modual will need to be a maximum of 2 brick thick. ~3/4 inch thick. Any thoughts?

Mat

Our tables are just over 4, but well under 5 bricks thick. We do not necessarily plan to run them under tables, it is mainly for on the tables, to give the layout a more real feel. In populated areas, trains often run elevated, so city streets can go under the track with rather simple tunnels. However, we also plan to use them for ramping to lower levels. In fact, at our last show, after I made and showed a test model at the show before that, someone else also had already build modules, and on the spot we added them to the layout, see here:

At our next show, GTE Cincinnati, we’ll have more modules, and will run them mainly on our regular level tables.

Paul