 Trains / 26748
    Modular Hill Standard —Paul Janssen
   COLTC, the Central Ohio LEGO Train Club, has come up with a modular hill standard. The goal of this standard was to provide more height-variations into layouts, and increase the number of running trains. (URL) There are a variety of ways these (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

        Re: Modular Hill Standard —Jason Brant
     I love it! couldn't have posted this at any better time! I have just recently have been trying to figure out my train/town layout and I dont have much room to work with and ive been thinking of a way to add multiple trains to my already cramped (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Modular Hill Standard —Stefan Garcia
     Rock on guys, this is awesome! I'm definitely gonna try to build some for Michiana-LUG. -Stefan- (18 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Modular Hill Standard —Mathew Clayson
     (...) Snipped (...) Paul, how thick are you tables? We use mudular tables that can be adusted in hieght and stacked apone each other to acheive some vertical change. But our tables are 6 brick thick. To allow a train to run under a stacked table we (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Modular Hill Standard —Paul Janssen
     (...) Our tables are just over 4, but well under 5 bricks thick. We do not necessarily plan to run them under tables, it is mainly for on the tables, to give the layout a more real feel. In populated areas, trains often run elevated, so city streets (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Modular Hill Standard —Alfred Speredelozzi
   (...) Awesome. I like the way this works, but I have one question. I am probably just confused but... when this: (URL) connects to this: (URL) as in this: (URL) doesn't the train in the concave tunnel (left side of picture) hit the wall of the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Modular Hill Standard —Paul Janssen
   (...) Yes, you are right. If we keep the black wall there, it would hit. Luckily, we can take enough of a cormer out the black wall to make it work, but indeed the two examples would conflict. In my second outer cruve, I have a block in the corner (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)