 Trains / 26485
  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) There's still no definite answer. LEGO might not be willing to commit themselves. Think about it - if they said they'll supply 9V track forever, they can't keep that promise. If they say they'll make it for 2 more years, there'll be uproar (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) I'm no expert on the manufacturing process but I'd like to know if they have altered all the moulds for the track pieces and the clip-on motor frames. If these are completely new moulds then it shows there is a future supply potential for the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) To play devil's advocate for a moment - how is the situation different from the conversion from 4.5V to 12V? That needed conductor rails, points, crossing, motor and transformer. In cost terms, including average inflation of 3% for 16 years (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) I did, I started out with 4.5v, and moved to 9v when it came out. What I don't understand is the decision to produce a $100+ set whith this new technology, as a first kit. I thought the whole point was to produce a $50 set to get into the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) But moving to 9v from 4.5v gave you significant advantages and was an upgrade which added value. The new trains are already good - remote control, sound, cheap track, reverse loop capabilities, cab control etc. so the change to 9v rail powered (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Isw0Dr.1qw0@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I agree completely. LEGO could (should?) take a lesson from the Brio/Thomas market. The reason it is successful is because (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

Mike Walsh posted a link on the ILTCO list which has a much cleaner image. (URL) It appears that the dummy engine on the ICE train is 6 studs shorter then the working engine. They used a lt grey curved slope to fill in a gap. A small detail I hadn't (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) In the past 4.5V trains could have short baseplates with a 4 or 6 wheeled motor only. The now IR trains can only have 8 wheels and only a 30 stud long baseplate. In the past even 12V trains could be converted to 4.5V. Now not all 9V trains can (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Moving from 4.5v to 12v had 'added value' in providing better control, many new features such as electric points, crossings etc. but more than anything else, it was the new expanding range which provided the most promise. If there is no 'new (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

Hello (...) Jan Beyer said at the 1000steine-event, that they had to use new moulds for every type of rails, for they want that the new and old ones to fit together. They had to make the new ones a little bit higher, so there is no difference in (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)