 Trains / 25991
Re: Who turned out the lights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:05:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Doug Lippi wrote:
   #3748 train light is discontinued. http://shop.lego.com/RetiredProducts.asp?p=3748 I wonder what’s next to go?

That’s worrying.
Ironically the descriptions for 10020, 10133 and 10157 all mention it and it still features as part of the train accessories header image!

Tim

I emailed LEGO and they confirmed it to be true. I also emailed Jake, but have gotten no response. No new track geometry in 6 years (gasp!) and now this. Sheesh, my son makes better layouts with his Thomas tracks than I can with LEGO. Really, how hard can it be to come up with new tracks???? Maybe once these plastic tracks come out for kids they can take a more hobbyist approach to the 9V tracks and free us from the shackles! I’ve seen pictures of people that modify tracks, but that’s not my thing. LEGO needs to provide more track options - end of story. Or maybe we need some entrepeneur out there that will start up his own company selling mass-produced high-quality compatible tracks and other accessories? “Just Imagine...”