 Trains / 2410
Re: Busy-Bee shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:05:20 GMT

Get a large enough order, and it lowers it, but not much.  I ordered L190 worth
of stuff, and shipping was approx L60 (which is why I'll be Ebaying some of the
stuff, to pay off some of the sets and the horrendous shipping (which certainly
isn't BBs fault)).

Mike Walsh wrote:

Mark Benz wrote in message
<000e01bf1b16$74702400$14b66ed1@pcbenz.broadvision.com>...
Hi,

I ordered 4 blue hoppers from BusyBee, the total charged to my card was
about 45 pounds, including about 14 L for shipping.  Must have been less
than 2 Kg.  I still think that a hopper for $18, net in my hand is a
bargain.

Mark

The 50% shipping on this sounds about right.  The hoppers were £7.65 each
w/o VAT or $12.65.  With shipping the total came to about $19.00 each on my
order of six.  I agree, a great deal and I am not complaining.  Simply
trying to set expectations that once can expect to pay 50% more than what is
listed on the web page or reported on LUGNET due to shipping.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh