 Marketplace / Shopping / 950
Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:44:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:
I just got off the phone with Busy Bee, they have received some Monorail
Accessory Track sets.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6347

Cost:  £20.00 - £17 (about $28) w/o VAT.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://mike_walsh.tripod.com

I have always wanted a monorail. sets at auction are quite pricey though.

However, given that I am not concerned about actually possessing one of the
boxed sets, just want to build a monorail, could I use this accessory set to
start building a monorail of my own invention?

Say buy a couple of track sets, use a 9volt battery box and some wheels, and
away we go.

What 'Special' bricks might I need that prevent me from building my own
monorail. Could I use a standard technics gear to 'grip' the rails teeth for
example?

regards
lawrence