 Trains / 21368
Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:

snip
   Heat guns works good. Haven’t tried boiling them or putting them in a conventional oven (not microwave).

But I did - you may check it out here: http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album10 (possibly there are only the thumbnails available for this moment, since 1000steine moves to a new host?)

Reinhard, that is both cool and incredibly sad at the same time. Cool to see how plastic melts and deforms under its own weight, but incredibly sad to see it happen to LEGO pieces. Especially how that poor minifig started melting in his legs and then fell over so that his face could melt. Here are some rather graphic images (at 160 degrees Celcius/320 degrees Fahrenheit):

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry while looking at this one.

I think it’s interesting that the really old broken white plate he was standing on discolored so much (it was white. WHITE!). I guess it’s because the new plastic is better.