 Trains / 21361
Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:25:56 GMT

Easy, use Megablocks.  Then you don't care how bad you melt, beat, cut,
hack, dismember, burn, discolor, paint, etc...

Or, if you're me, do it from Lego just to hear the screams of purists...
It's even more effective when you have an ACTUAL live audiaence!
Mwwwwaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heat guns works good.  Haven't tried boiling them or putting them in a
conventional oven (not microwave).  you may also use a torch.  Then try some
creative ways to paint rust colors via sparay paint or an airbrush.  Try
reading up on advanced weathering tecniques from model railroad pros.  You
can find some great ideas in Railroad magazines and at your local bookstore
in the hobby section.  Why buy the book when you can read it AT the
bookstore!

-Rob

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
Hi.  Just came across this photo and it put me to work thinking about how • to
model something like this out of Lego bricks.  Substantial modifications • of
bricks may be necessary to do it right.

Take a look:

http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1140&papass=&sort=1&thecat=576

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY

Trim newsgroups from replies as appropriate.