 Trains / 21161
Re: Log Cabin on the water front
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:45:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mike Gallagher wrote:
Hi, everybody.

I would like to show off my new Log Cabin using those Log bricks, but on their
sides.  Just trying to come up with more ideas on using the bricks in different
ways.

I used 4 technic beams on their sides as the foundation creating a dual X. From
the Technic beams I attached the 1x2 and 1x4 logs to make the walls of the
cabin. I included the LDR file so you can check out what I’m talking about. The
walls are only “attached” on the bottom. Even though the walls interconnect at
the corners they are not stuck together at the corners.

I will have better pictures of this model and others that I have been working on
after our COLTC show at GATS in Dayton October 11-12 2003.  If you can make it,
come buy and show your support for Lego’s during the show!

Mike,

Hey, this is real neat. I know Wild West isn't a busy group, but I'm surprised
I've never seen a log cabin like this (with the horizontal logs) ever done
before, and I'd of thought someone would have stumbled across that before. It
looks great and realistic.

Thanks,

George