 Trains / 14095
Re: Have you seen these pictures? Bridge of 5.15 m length....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Ben(ny) Efde and Marco (from Leeuwarden/NL) have done a new record of a
(100% pure) Lego®-train bridge which they have presented at their train show • in
Leeuwarden last weekend.

That's pretty big... is the 5.15m measurement the span?  That is, is it
measured from inside the footings?

Hmmm. Difficult to tell, but at first glance it doesn't look like 5m between
the footings - they may have included the approaches as well. But it's still
pretty impressive.

No, I have been told the 5 meters are from foundation to foundation of the main
bow. I think the bridge is so far in the background, that it appears smaller as
it in fact is.

Also, what are the black "cables" made from- Technic parts?

Right, same as my bridge: classic technic beams....

It looks like all Lego - you can view some similar ones here
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/bridges.html

That has been my 4.10 meters attempt (very successful in fact. it could bear 5
kg in the middle of the bridge!

Ben

I have done some drawings yesterday for a 8.5 meters bridge.....
(the 7740 on it is in the fitting size!)