 Town / 6900
Re: New MOC: Residential Block in the City of Brickmond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:35:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry wrote:
RichLUG has a <http://www.smv.org/ModelRR03.html train show> coming up
(11/29-30) however and about two weeks ago I decided I was going to build
something new for this show.  I settled on trying to put together a couple of
small residential/apartment buildings similar to those that you would find in
The Fan section of the city of Richmond.  These buildings were intended to go
along the version of Monument Avenue that Tim Freshly has put together for
our Brickmond train/town displays.

I enjoyed a four day weekend due to the Veterans’ Day holiday and ended up
using a couple of those days to knock out the first two buildings.  By then I
had “the fever” and looking around at my available bricks, doors and windows
I decided to do another smaller building.  Then I decided the block needed a
small park area to go between a two of the buildings (similar to mews garden
areas found in the Church Hill district of Richmond).  I still wasn’t
satisfied though having decided what I really needed to finish off the block
was some kind of building on the corner that would have a small shop on the
ground floor with a couple of levels over that.

So after about a week and a half (some intense building days followed by the
puttering days) I ended up with the following:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63570 Brickmond Residential
Block>

Greg,

This is fantastic!  Not only do you have some beautiful architectural details,
but you also have a very nice layout that is quite realistic.  Some might say
"prototypical" of a city block.  Nice windows, gardens, balconies, and overall a
top-notch set of creations.  (When can I move in?)

Best of luck with your upcoming show!

- Chris.