 Technic / 9746
Re: 1st walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:02:37 GMT

Are you holding the wire so it doesn't tumble?  mine are
not fond of haveing big arms  :(  - but a tail does the
job nicely.

i'm not holding the wire per se.  but it took me a few attempts to get the
wire into the right position, so that the robot would pull it and not be
pulled in a particualr direction.  It seems that off to one side or the
other worked the best.  Also I had to straighten  my wire to get it to coil
and uncoil smoothly behind the walker.

thanks for the idea.

i'd been wanting to build a walker for quite a while now.  And making the
animation was a lot of fun too.

-tk