 Technic / 9689
Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker) micro-motor-twirp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen writes:
jrl's utterance expressed in news:HC5B16.KG6@lugnet.com:

I recently posted some pics of my small walker, which I believe is one of
the smallest ever built with a gear motor. Here's the link:

That is just great!

I had to try to make one with the micro motor.
Like this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/walker/microwalker.jpg

His big brother Twirp semmed to stumble all the
time, so I gave him new shoes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/walker/walker.jpg

But Twirp also has a big brother - he has the
Engine Crankshaft Centre instead of the Engine
Crankshaft. So he is a little bigger and faster.
Unfortunately - during the photo-shoot he got all
nervous and fell over - so the little ones got
all the honour  :)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/walker/walkerfast.jpg

His misfortune even got caught on camera:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/walker/tilt.avi

The others made better poses for the camera:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/walker/showoffs.avi

After moderation:

Leg godt alle sammen!

That's cool, especially the micro motor version. I would build one myself,
but I don't have a micro motor quite yet. You said that the regular Twirp
seemed to stumble a lot, I think that might be because you're running it
backwards (the flat side of the motor should be facing forward). Twirp does
have some trouble walking backwards because of the small feet and the fact
that the mini motor weighs more on one end than the other, but I wanted to
keep it as small as possible and I didn't think it would need to walk
backwards much. I'm glad my design inspired you to build some little
walkers, and I'll be making some new designs soon.

-jrl