 Technic / 9660
Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:20:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Miguel Agullo writes:
In lugnet.technic, Steven Combs writes:
Wow. About the only way I could see to go much smaller would be to go with a
micromotor...

Now that I would like to see!

Check it out - a biped with micromotor AND battery box!
http://homepage1.nifty.com/f-komi/lego/original/2walk1/2walk1.htm

That is pretty nice; I especially like the color scheme. My goal in building
Twirp was to make the smallest walker I could that would walk without
dragging its feet and use a gear motor. I actually don't have a micromotor
at the moment, but I'm planning on getting one soon, and that will enable me
to make a smaller walker. Also, you might note that Twirp is actually a
little smaller than this one even without the battery box. Once I get the
micromotor, I should be able to make a very small walker that carries its
own power, and I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Also, I'll work on
making instructions for Twirp and try to get them posted soon.

-jrl