 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 940
  Twirp (miniature biped walker)

I recently posted some pics of my small walker, which I believe is one of the smallest ever built with a gear motor. Here's the link: (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Fantastic, James! I'd almost consider this to be origami mecha as well as a cool lil' walker. Congrats on the great job! -Dave (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

"jrl" <jrl3d@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HC5B16.KG6@lugnet.com... (...) That is just very cool! Congratulations! -- Bob Fay (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) micromotor... Nice work (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Thanks. I actually hadn't heard the origami term before I read your post, but I understand what you mean. While I was building, I was just trying to make it as small as possible, but the design ended up having a personality of its own. -jrl (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Now that I would like to see! Twirp is a wonderful little creation. There are a few details as to its construction that I was not able to determine. If you get some time, posting the instructions would be nice. Steven (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Check it out - a biped with micromotor AND battery box! (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) design! The balance act alone probably took much work. I need to build one of these little guys and place on my desk at work. Steven (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) It would be really hard to make one smaller with that motor. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Twirp was to make the smallest walker I could that would walk without dragging its feet and use a gear motor. I actually don't have a micromotor at the moment, but I'm planning on getting one soon, and that will enable me to make a smaller (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) <SNIP> (...) James, First off, congratulations on Twirp. It is definately very cool! I would like to see you tweak your stated goal to include the power. In other words, can you make a walker as cool as Twirp but that carries its power with (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Thanks Jona, Do you mean I should build a small walker that carries power and uses a gear motor? I could definitely work on that. It would be a little bigger, but I could try to keep it compact and build a little coolness into the design :). (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker) micro-motor-twirp

jrl's utterance expressed in news:HC5B16.KG6@lugnet.com: (...) I had to try to make one with the micro motor. Like this: (URL) big brother Twirp semmed to stumble all the time, so I gave him new shoes: (URL) Twirp also has a big brother - he has the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker) micro-motor-twirp

(...) That's cool, especially the micro motor version. I would build one myself, but I don't have a micro motor quite yet. You said that the regular Twirp seemed to stumble a lot, I think that might be because you're running it backwards (the flat (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker) micro-motor-twirp

jrl's utterance expressed in news:HCEL43.FD5@lugnet.com: (...) LOL! The poor fellow... I had him turned the wrong way all the time :) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Twirp (miniature biped walker)

(...) Yes, that is pretty much exactly what I meant. I think the smallness factor enhances the coolness factor. They both are further enhanced (IMO) when you add power, even if the size increases slightly. I will be attempting a build of Twirp soon. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)