 Technic / 7995
Re: 8475
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:04:27 GMT

Many thanks to John Morgan for putting the pictures up.  My question (to
John Heins or anyone who can answer) is based on looking at those images.

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message
The modularity of this unit fits much better with TLC philosophy - AND
offers potential in other areas - robotics and technics.  The drive motors
are mounted in "arm like units" which use standard technic/RIS connector
wires.  Think "L -shaped" with the motor in a fat base and two drive • points
in the long arm (both are connected to the motor, but turn in opposite
directions).

Has anyone tried to drive these with Mindstorms?  What is the no-load RPM at
full power?

A separate module for steering has
lots of potential.  The main "body" has two connector points - one for • both
drive motors and a second for the steering unit.

Hmm.  In the pictures on BrickShelf, there appears to be an axle coming out
of the front of the receiver unit.  No separate steering unit.  Is this what
you are talking about, or does this piece come off?  Is this proportional
steering?  What is the total amount of rotation for that axle output?

Does anyone know what frequency band these are on in the United States
market?

--Jack Gregory