 Technic / 7346
Re: How much can you shrink a dual differential drive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:31:52 GMT

"SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> writes:
Hey! That's a wonderful design! I wish I had done this!
ciao
stefano

I had missed that. Luckily Stefano's post highlighted the thread again and I
found this wonderful device. Congratulation, Doug, very compact and nice
design indeed.

Ciao
Mario

Here's yet another shrunken dual differential design.
It uses worm gears to drive both differential housings as a space saving
measure. This also the adds the feature (?) of a bit more gear • reduction.

There's a few pics of the design here :

http://www.visi.com/~dc/transmission

-- Doug