 Technic / 7105
Re: How much can you shrink a dual differential drive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:54:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Miguel Agullo writes:

Anybody can come up with a more compact design? Can anybody solve the dual
speed issue? I could add studs in width (distance between wheels) and one
stud in height to what already rises above the wheel axle (and maybe another
stud below). Height is critical, but losing some length is even more so.

Well, I think several people have delved into this, but here's my contribution
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/addsub. It doesn't solve the "dual speed"
problem, but it's fairly small, and can be reduced further.

ROSCO