 Technic / 6290
Re: Thank God my clock works!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:32:28 GMT

"Chris Daniel" <ldaniel2@prodigy.net> wrote in message
  The clock itself is the first part and it is regulated by a pallet and a
84 toothed escapement(2 42 tooth lego gears from the 1970's gear set • 001,the
pallets are built with 2 1x2 tripple slopes)which is synchronized threw a
quickrelease to a second hand.

I'm dying to see the details of that escapement!!! Let us know if you get a
.dat done of just that! I started a clock, and gave up after realizing I'd
never get the efficiency I needed using an axle-sprocket based
escapement.... You are a genius to put the old 42 tooth gears to work.

28 hours!!! That's got to be a lego record. How's the accuracy?

Bravo! I'm writing santa now to let him know I want the .dat file for this
clock :-)

Simeon