 Technic / 6289
Re: Technic new parts in 4x4 off road 8466
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:19:37 GMT

Yup! although you do also get 2 pairs of them in the rather cheaper 8465.

There are some good parts indeed in this set; I was looking forward to the
front steering/suspension setup but there is an awful lot of backlash in it,
in fact the backlash movement is almost as great as the entire steering
range! Perhaps some reworking could improve this; I think a lot of it is due
to having the fairly loose ball and socket joints with poor mechanical
advantage.

It is not a bad set but I definitely got more out of my 948 go-kart :-)

Jennifer