 Technic / 5780
Re: Torsen Differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 05:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik writes:
In lugnet.technic, Thomas (T. J.) Avery writes:
In case you've missed the recent discussions on lugnet.robotics, you should
check out the thread on a posi-traction differential:

I only wish the people who post exclusively to robotics would cross-post to
Technic with stuff like this. I don't know about you, but I'm not into
robotics, yet :-), and I rarely read the group. Obviously, both groups can
greatly benefit from a discussion such as this.

TJ

Hi TJ,
Sorry about that. I can see how this is more of a Technic discussion. I
started this whole Torsen thing by responding to a post in the robotics
group. Next time I will re-direct it to Technic. Anyway, I took some
pictures of my Torsen diff models last night, and just finished updating my
page. Have a look!
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~stehlik/torsen.html
This link goes right to the torsen page, but you can check out the rest of
my site with the navigation bar at the top of the page.
Rob

Once I saw the Torsen Differential on Brian's page
http://www.kiva.net/~alano/brian/torsen/

I also tried to make one based on the diff design on Mike Fusion's page
http://odin.prohosting.com/mrplanet/

Not surprisingly I ended up with one very similar to the one you made with a
few minor changes: I used <part:32069> instead of <part:32034> to support the
16t gear (I used an idle one but a regular one would be just as good).
That gives support to the gear from both sides and leaves some room for more
support between the two 40t gears. I hope I can post some pictures soon
(I don't have a digital camera so I'll have to scan some old fashion
photos...)

- David