 Technic / 16053
16052  |  16054
Subject:
Octomedius
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 00:48:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I was inspired by Philo's pneumatic wheel and his ratio of 1 switch per piston.

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=3228

He's right, in that when I did my Inchworms they all used two switches per
piston, and he cut it to one.

I wondered how short I could make one of my inchworms and still have it move.  I
cut down inchworm 3 down to 3 segments (four pairs of legs) and came up with
this three piston/three switch crawler:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Octomedius/hpim0063.jpg

The name Octomedius refers to the fact that it has eight legs and is made with
medium pistons (there are no large pistons made these days....)

There are a few similar pictures of Octomedius here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Octomedius

So, for those of you who have only a few pneumatic parts, you might try your
hand at recreating Octomedius.

PLMKWYT,

Kevin