 Technic / 14371
Re: Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:21:27 GMT

   (I also need to add an update on my ball pump module that I tuned after it failed a few times during weekend GBB - the new version works flawlessly now)

What was the problem?

Minor one: the contraption I used to maintain the liftarms forming the ball tube spaced 2.5 (based on ) got loose with time, now replaced with +

Major one: the stirring blade was sometimes blocked by a ball half-engaged in output drain. Either the motor got stalled, or -funnier- the plastic elasticity built-up energy and BZOIIING! threw balls across the room...

I replaced the liftarm 1x4 with , enough to make balls move, but that can easily slide below blocked balls.

   through babblefish, and here is my favorite line about the “Grand Bidule à Balles” (which translates to “Large Thingummy with Balls”)

“...it was fun even if sometimes one has to run after the few balls which refuse to undergo torture...”

:-D

Philo