 Technic / 14368
Re: Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:51:27 GMT

Hello Steve!

I was looking at the 'Summer Days' pictures.  It looks like you guys had a bunch of
fun, but many questions came to mind.

Yes, it was a great time!

I couldn't find a good picture of the Spybot-Train-GBC (GBB) module
(http://gallery.freelug.org/Summer_AFOL_Days_2005/Philo_Reims_2005_55) until I
looked into another directory (see below)

Actually the best picture is here
http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=407 (but all text info is in
French...). More on that module on my website in some future! (I also need to
add an update on my ball pump module that I tuned after it failed a few times
during weekend GBB - the new version works flawlessly now)

So, how much water could these bridges hold, and why don't you have pictures of them
failing: http://gallery.freelug.org/Summer_AFOL_Days_2005/Philo_Reims_2005_61

About 20 kg. Actually no one really failed, except this one
http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=203302 (but it didn't fall on the floor
since the bucket was just an inch above ground). Actually the only dramatic
failure was the belt used to support the bucket which broke during the last
attempt ;o)

Which car went the farthest (what exactly was the
contest?)ttp://gallery.freelug.org/Summer_AFOL_Days_2005/Darkbaron_86
(I'd pick this car: http://gallery.freelug.org/Summer_AFOL_Days_2005/Darkbaron_12)

Unfortunately there was an organisation problem for that event and no winner:
several cars reached the maximum distance, and quite a few couldn't even be
launched :(

So, I went looking for pictures of the Spybot-Train, and I found the Weekend GBB
directory...
http://gallery.freelug.org/we_GBB_050605

Now, this is the stuff you need to post.  We all get to see your finely tuned GBC
modules, which usually appear to be a work of art.  It's nice to see a few
not-so-perfect modules, like those that can't keep up, or the one lifting a bunch of
balls, that has a hand below, to catch pieces that fall off...

Lack of time... Even the GBB event report in French was very long to come by...

Philo