 Technic / 13900
Re: 2 nice GBC modules... And a challenge...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:02:41 GMT

On Mon, March 7, 2005 4:27 pm, Philippe Hurbain said:
...and a "small ball contraption" ;o)

<http://philohome.com/gbc/gbc.htm#sbc<http://philohome.com/gbc/sbc1-v.jpg>>

See them [<http://philohome.com/gbc/gbc.htm here>] (photos, movies)

That's VERY nice.  I think my favorite is the shovel.  I like the way it flips the
bucket to dump balls, and also uses the bucket to press the lever to load up.

But I have a challenge for all the GBC module builders.  With several of the modules
I've made, and other ones I've seen posted (like these) we usually go out of our way
to create modules that don't require an RCX.  The shovel is a good example of
mechanically doing three functions with a single motor.

I'm curious what kind of modules people can build that really require an RCX.  So
far, the best I've seen is a pneumatic RCX-controlled back hoe.  There have been
some others, but few make really good use of the RCX.

So, can anyone make a really cool, RCX-controlled GBC?

Oh, and did I say, very nice, Philo?  :)

Steve