 Technic / 11897
Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:54:10 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:

“Allan Bedford” ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com wrote in message news:Hr82qz.wDC@lugnet.com...

   current LEGO fire truck looks very much like a.... like a..... like a..... well, not like a fire truck. :)

it’s an air-port fire truck it doesn’t have to have ladder

Very true. Yes, I knew it was an ARFF, but I guess I figured that since this was LEGO’s first foray into that particular sub-genre of fire/rescue vehicles, that they might stick to something a little more traditional looking:

   but in fact what to release fire-truck for if it is not a fire-truck what everyone is expected :))

I apologize, I am not sure what you mean by this statement.

   models should be good looking AND good working they sould be interesting and entertaining and what fulfill it? supercars, back hoes, bulldozers etc

Fire trucks are interesting and entertaining too!

sure but “regular” FT with ladder and maybe with the trailer :)))

I think all fire/rescue vehicles are exciting. from traditional ‘hook and ladder’ trucks or pumpers to rescue squads, and certainly airport vehicles.

   Maybe it would have been better to not release the LEGO fire truck this year. Maybe it needed to go back to the drawing board for a while. Maybe it needed a complete redesign before being released.

it was done first showed version was olive green

Oh I remember that well. Although some argued that it was the latest/greatest lime yellow color intended to draw better attention to the vehicle.

My comment above, about going back to the drawing board, was meant to suggest that perhaps this model could have been a little less slick and modern and a little more traditional, as shown above. If some of the newer trucks do look like this (and I don’t think any of them look quite so much like race cars) that’s fine. But for a company already struggling with sales figures over the last 5 years I think a more well-known design would have been the better route to go.

Allan B.