 Technic / 11858

Subject:
Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:41:20 GMT

I just found this fire truck on Brickshelf.

There are strange pieces on it but it looks very accurate.

There are more pictures of this model on Brickshelf

But:

At the LowLug forum someone posted an article about Megabloks. I was in search for it but didn’t found it. But I just found the Megabloks website. So it definately isn’t LEGO .....

I wonder why LEGO doesn’t bring out such models. They’re better than the current LEGOs assortment.

Dennis Bosman

LEGO Trucks & Heavy Equipment

Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
I just found this fire truck on Brickshelf.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danomac24681/firetrucks/mb-fire006.jpg>>

There are strange pieces on it but it looks very accurate.

It sure does.  If it's not the MegaBloks one, it was certainly inspired by it.

But:

At the <http://www.lowlug.nl LowLug forum> someone posted an article about
Megabloks. I was in search for it but didn't found it. But I just found the
<http://www.megabloks.com/eng/products/description.php?iID=178&subCat=1#
Megabloks website>. So it definately isn't LEGO .....

I wonder why LEGO doesn't bring out such models.

Because LEGO thinks that fire trucks should look like race cars:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8454

Which is frustrating, considering that they do know how to realistically model
construction equipment:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8438 (Crane Truck)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8455 (Backhoe)

Oh well... there's always next year.  :)

Allan B.

Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
I just found this fire truck on Brickshelf.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danomac24681/firetrucks/mb-fire006.jpg>>

There are strange pieces on it but it looks very accurate.

It sure does.  If it's not the MegaBloks one, it was certainly inspired by it.

It is MegaBloks

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danomac24681/firetrucks/9735-ins.jpg

But:

At the <http://www.lowlug.nl LowLug forum> someone posted an article about
Megabloks. I was in search for it but didn't found it. But I just found the
<http://www.megabloks.com/eng/products/description.php?iID=178&subCat=1#
Megabloks website>. So it definately isn't LEGO .....

I wonder why LEGO doesn't bring out such models.

Yeah, that would be nice...

Because LEGO thinks that fire trucks should look like race cars:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8454

Which is frustrating, considering that they do know how to realistically model
construction equipment:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8438 (Crane Truck)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8455 (Backhoe)

Oh well... there's always next year.  :)

Allan B.

Kim Andersen

Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
[...]

Hello

Lego does make some good models, but then they make things like the "Fire
Truck" and "Tow Truck" (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8462). I think Lego
should hire people off street (or internet) to design models. If given
enough time I could build a better fire truck.

Bye

Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?