 Technic / 11880
Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:34:57 GMT

hi

"Jonathan MacIntyre" <jonwally2002@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:Hr7xHI.3p6@lugnet.com...
Lego does make some good models, but then they make things like the "Fire
Truck" and "Tow Truck" (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8462). I think Lego
should hire people off street (or internet) to design models. If given
enough time I could build a better fire truck.

then do it :)))

i think there is finite amount of models which can be buid
i'm not saying nothing new will appear
but if you track out technic history you will see few models
which are redesigned from time to time

models should be good looking AND good working
they sould be interesting and entertaining
and what fulfill it?
supercars, back hoes, bulldozers etc
when ppl from TLC design new bricks
there is always place for next version of
these ideas
but we cannot have new supercar every year
so sometimes we have weak models
just to wait for these excelent :)))

in case of fire truck from dennis post
we can see there good looking "bricks" which are ladder
but noting more than ladder
i suspect nothink more can be done from this ladder
but the whole issue is to design universal pieces
that's why there is no ladder in any lego technic or lego model team models

i know someone could point shovels as an opposite arguments...

br
pixel