 Technic / 11730
11729  |  11731
Subject:
New LEGOTIC Hand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:00:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everybody, this is my new LEGOTIC-hand.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand11.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand12.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chrismaker/LEGOTIC-Hand/hand2.jpg

Each finger is auto-adaptative, an IR sensor (built in Philo's Lab) detects near
objects.
I spent a lot of time on geometry and design, as you can see I' ve used Bionicle
part.

One cylinder acts thumb.
One cylinder acts other fingers. Each finger is independent and auto-adaptative.
Those 2 cylinders are connected on same pneumatic switch. When providing
air-pressure thumb close before other fingers.

Third cylinder acts wrist. Rotation sensor detects hand position. (real rotation
is x6 for best accuracy)

Turntable is not yet motorized because the motor will be on following arm part.

So the work is still in progress........

Chris.

LEGOTIC :
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm